How Can I Join?
Membership in a local squadron, such as Fort Lauderdale, includes membership in our national organization, the United States Power Squadrons® (USPS). Most members have followed a simple pathway to enjoying the benefits of squadron membership.
You can become a member by taking America's Boating Course 3rd version, the public safe boating course and passing the proctored exam. Graduates will be offerred a FREE 6 month trial membership in our squadron and USPS.
USPS Educational Requirements may be satisfied by:
- Successfully completing any USPS University seminar series
- Passing the final examination for any NASBLA-approved basic boating education course
- Graduation from the U.S. Naval Academy
- Graduation from the U. S. Coast Guard Academy
- Graduation from the Merchant Marine Academy, Deck Officer License
- Holding a U. S. Coast Guard LAUNCH OPERATOR license or above
- Members of the US Coast Guard Auxiliary who have successfully completed any CGAUX course or certification program
- Successful completion of the following courses:
- Canadian Power and Sail Squadron - Boating Course
- USCGAux - Boating Skills & Seamanship
- USCGAux - Sailing & Seamanship
- American Sailing Assn. - (ASA) Basic Keelboat Sailing Course
- US Sailing - Basic Keelboat Certification Course
- US Sailing - Keelboat Instructor Course
- US Sailing - Small Boat Instructor Course
If you have taken the home study or online version of the USPS course but have not taken the examination, arrangements can be made with our squadron to take the examination. Successful completion of this examination is a requirement for membership.
Active members must be at least 18 years of age; there are no age considerations for family members.
If you are interested in joining our Fort Lauderdale squadron, please contact our membership chairperson.,